Saturday, August 25, 2018

Left Maui :( But here was the room.


Unfortunately as much as I love this place and thought I would retire here forever, things didn't work out financially to stay. I did want to share the changes in the room, which weren't as extensive as I had planned. My hope was to revamp for the new school year but I did make some great changes in the space that made a huge difference!


 This was the first time I've use white BB paper, it was harder than expected. It was a decent start. The colors were a vast improvement. The larger and more colorful and visible alphabet was very helpful.

 This room just had too much furniture in it to begin with and getting it out was not an easy task and couldn't be done mid-year so I had to work with some stuff the best I could. I did create a reading carpet space in front of the smart tv so I could use the curriculum materials on the board.


 The reading bar was the most successful part of the transition. The kids loved it and sometimes I used it for literacy centers.


 Again too much furniture and most of really old and in need of painting. The addition of color really improved the space. The yellow rug really added nice color and we used this are for our math meeting time.


I tried to create some read to self space with various rugs and these little chairs too. It was a huge improvement over all the tables with stuff stored underneath.


Here is the yellow rug in the math space. I also removed all the random colors and backing on the cabinets and hung relevant materials. 


 The previous teacher did not have numbers up, which explained why the kids couldn't recognize their numbers. These were great! I had all my kids recognizing their numbers during my time there.


There was a few more things that were freshened up, but I was pretty stuck with time and money coming middle of the school year to an expensive place to live. Purging the amount of furniture in the room was also impossible mid year. If I had stayed things would have been starkly different in the new school year. I am sure the new teacher made it her own as well!  I loved teaching in Hawaii. I miss living there. No a/c in this school :( but the people were just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate