Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Activities

I have been diving into learning CAFE, and now I realize I needed to buy the first book, The Daily Five, so tomorrow I plan on making a trip to Barnes and Noble to pick it up. I am really excited about the whole CAFE and Daily Five. The district I work in is an inner city district with a LOT of struggling readers. The school I will be teaching at has a large ELL population and I think CAFE is going to be very helpful. I would love to hear comments and suggestions from anyone regarding any of these subjects! Prior to diving in to these books I did take some time to print and laminate more activity stuff. I also found out that instead of buying my laminating sheets at office depot for $30 a box (50 count) I can get it on Amazon for $13 per box of 100. I felt stupid and had buyers remorse like never before. I order 200 and so I can't do anymore laminating until it gets here. In the meantime I am working on learning CAFE. I have also been sharing it with some extended family and friends that are also teachers. I have not seen anyone in Oklahoma using this (at least I don't personally know anyone). I did buy the book "I need my monster" and found a few activities but I really wanted more. I have been not only inspired but the help I have gotten from all these teacher blogs has been motivating. I created a few activities/games for the monster book that I wanted to share. I have to say that my ideas spun off of others. I haven't figured out yet how to post a doc but when I do I will post them as freebies. I would love to know what anyone thinks. I am new at this.

 
Simple Book Map. I saw this format on another one similar for a different book and I liked the simplicity of it. 



Above are the contraction cut out cards they can use to match up and then write on the sheet provided.



Sequence cards/flip book. I got the idea from a pack I bought and changed the theme basically.


Simple for inference. Read the book without letting students see pictures and draw a picture of what they think Gabe looks like and recall what features Gabe has that Tom was requiring of a substitute monster.

I have a few more but I don't have them completed yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate